NSBA Community Rules & Etiquette
Thanks for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all community members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. Please read and scroll to the bottom of the page to accept these terms and use these community tools.
By joining and using these e-mail lists, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for these peer discussion groups. You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Technical questions can be directed to your community admin or the HL Support Community.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, NSBA reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any eGroup. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Don't post chain mail, solicitations for donations or messages that involve potential scams or hoaxes.
- If you are a school board member, don't post messages about official board matters.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, harassing, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in an EGroup message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- Your messages are not private. Don't post confidential, private, or legally privileged information.
- Remember that NSBA and other e-mail list participants have the right to reproduce postings to this EGroup. However, don't forward, reproduce, or further distribute postings that violate these rules or the legal guidelines below.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate list(s). Do not spam several lists with the same message.
All messages must add to the body of knowledge. NSBA reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the EGroup. Instead, use the Web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
These EGroups are provided as a service of NSBA. NSBA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. NSBA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by NSBA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall NSBA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants NSBA and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
NSBA does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to NSBA’s attention, NSBA will take all appropriate action.
NSBA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.